Most Big Ant games include an Academy - from here you can create, share and download thousands of user created players, equipment, venues, logos and more. However, we do restrict User Generated Content to ensure that offensive words are not shown to players and to allow parents to control what their children see while playing games.
Below is a guide to allow you to set up your console to allow full access to the sharing server content and avoiding unwanted 'Censored' players/content.
Configure Parental Control settings
If an orange bar appears at the top of the Nintendo Switch home screen, parental controls are enabled. To configure parental controls, from the home screen, press down on the D-Pad and select 'System Settings', then select 'Parental Controls' and the 'Change Settings' button. You will be prompted to enter the parental control PIN.
Next, select 'Change Settings', and then under Restriction Level, select Custom. Then select the 'Free Communication With Others' option, and then for each title from you wish to allow full Community access, set this to 'Not Restricted'.
Parental Controls can also be temporarily disabled by selecting the orange bar at the top of the screen and entering the PIN.
Censored content while playing online
When playing online, a number of factors determine whether the content is censored.
- The censorship settings of the console.
- If your opponent sees their own content as censored, they will send that over the network censored - regardless of your account's content settings.
- If the Parental Control settings prevent Free Communication With Others, content will be censored.
- Playing with content that has not been shared.
- If you or your opponent is using content (such as a player or team) created locally, they will be censored for the other player until they can be checked for profanity
- Open the Academy and locate the piece of content you are using that is appearing censored or you created.
- Under the 'Identity' section, press the button for Check For Profanity.
- If this completes without error, the content will be valid for online use, unless modifications are made to it.
- If there is a large amount of content, such as a team, or a venue full of logos, uploading that to the sharing server will check all associated content.
- Use the 'My Community' section of the Community to check your uploaded content - if it is viewable without censorship when you search for it, then downloading it will validate your local copy for online usage.
- Existing downloaded team/player censorship
- If any content used was censored when downloading, it will remain censored. Try downloading an updated version from the academy, or editing it to remove the censored terms, and use the 'Check for Profanity button to validate it.
- Content containing rude/inappropriate names will remain censored regardless of settings. If you believe this has occurred by mistake, select the 'Report' option on the piece of content and select 'Should Not Be Censored' as the report reason
For information on Parental Control settings, see the guide to Parental Controls on the Switch from Nintendo, including details on the Parental Controls app.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article