If you are attempting to access content on the Community in a Big Ant game and receive an alert that "The Academy sharing service is not available", the following may assist you.
Ensure your console is connected to the Internet
* On Xbox One, press the Xbox button, press RB three times to access the 'System' menu, and then select 'Settings'. On the Settings menu, select 'Network' and then 'Network settings', then 'Test network connection'.
Xbox Series S|X
* On Xbox One, press the Xbox button, press RB three times to access the 'System' menu, and then select 'Settings'. On the "General" tab select the "Network Settings" option. The move down to select the "Test network connection" which will check for an internet connection.
* On PlayStation 4, press the PS button to go to the Home screen, press Up on the D-Pad and then press Right to reach the 'Settings' icon and select it. Scroll down to select 'Network', ensure 'Connect to the Internet' is checked, and then select 'Test Internet Connection'
* On PlayStation 5, press the PS button to go to the Home screen, press Up on the D-Pad and then press Right to reach the 'Settings' icon and select it. Scroll down to select 'Network', highlighting "Connection Status" will some small tests to check your network, and then select 'Test Internet Connection' to do a full test. Taking note of your NAT type.
* On Nintendo Switch, press the Home button, press Down on the D-Pad and then Right to select the 'System Settings' option. Ensure 'Flight Mode' is off, then scroll to Internet, and select 'Test Connection'.
* On Steam, press Shift-Tab to open the Steam Overlay. Click 'Web Browser' and note if you can access web content.
Try again in a few hours
* Occasionally, the Academy may be undergoing maintenance that will leave it temporarily unavailable
Ensure you are not restricted User Generated Content limitations
* Sign out all profiles other than the one you are using to run the game
* Ensure that your account is an 'Adult'/'Unrestricted' account
Check the Big Ant Academy Status Page from your device
* On PlayStation 4, from the Home screen, open 'Internet Browser' and go to https://status.bigant.com
* On Xbox One, from the Home screen, open the My Games & Apps tile, select 'Apps' and then select 'Microsoft Edge' and go to https://status.bigant.com
* On Steam, press Shift-Tab to open the Steam Overlay. Click 'Web Browser' and go to https://status.bigant.com
* On Nintendo Switch, no Web Browser is provided with the system, however try accessing https://status.bigant.com using another device connected on the same internet connection as the Switch.
The message pops up inconsistently
* If you are generally able to access the Community, however specific searches or sections of the community don't work and continue not to work after trying the previous steps, contact Big Ant support with details of your search and the game you are playing
* If the same options work some of the time but not others, the server or your internet provider may be under higher than usual demand at the time you are trying.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article